Remove the Teflon from your kitchen. I know it’s convenient but seriously, we need to protect ourselves where we can when we can. Teflon is the non-stick material on many pots and pans and it actually leaches a very harmful chemical into your food. Avoiding consumption of PFOA (perfluorooctanoate) is going to help us stay healthy in an increasingly poisoned world. *A 2005 New York Times article discusses a study where 600 children were tested and a staggering 96% had PFOA in their blood from Teflon. The FDA claims that 90% of adults have the toxic PFOA in their blood.
Dangers of Non Stick Cookingware
Toxic chemical PFOA perfluorooctanoate released at high temperatures
- PFOA is linked in animal studies to:
- Risks of liver, pancreatic, testicular, and mammary gland tumors
- Altered thyroid hormone regulation
- Damage to your immune system
- Reproductive problems, infertility, and birth defects